What is the Cutoff of NID?

Add your answer to this question - login here
1 Answers
Rashmi Basak 22 Oct, 2022 08:54 AM
Design Fresher


NID stands for National Institute of design, is nationally as well as internationally one of the finest educational and research institution which provide Industrial, Communication, Textile and IT Integrated Design courses both for under-graduates and post-graduates and doctoral levels.
National Institute for design is the first design Institute in India established by Indian government, Ford Foundation and the Sarabhai family  in the year 1961 at Ahmedabad. It was an autonomous all-India body. NID has been ranked as India’s No. 1 Design Institute. National Institute of Design has it’s total 7 campus all over India, such as, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Gandhinagar, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Haryana, Assam.

What is NID exam? 

To get into NID, interested candidates need to crack NID DAT. NID conduct an entrance examination called NID DAT which is a design aptitude test every year to take admission in B. Des and M. Des courses at NID. Candidates, willing to pursue design courses, must apply for NID DAT to get admission at NID.
NID DAT is divided in to two different parts: NID prelims and NID Mains.
After qualifying NID prelims and then Mains, candidates need to crack studio test and personal interview round. 
So, rather than basic eligibility criteria, the main criteria is to get a valid score or get the marks above the cut off to get into NID. 


Cut off is the minimum qualifying marks. You need to score cut off or above cut off marks to qualify for that exam and also to get selected. Cut off marks vary on different category. 

  • For B. Des, the weightage will be given to NID DAT prelims is 70%, and weightage will be given to the NID DAT Mains exam is the rest 30%
  • For M. Des, weightage will be given to prelims is 60%, and to mains score is the rest 40%.

Cut off for NID DAT 2023

Cut off is divided into different category –

  • For general and EWS, cut off is 50
  • For OBC- NCL, cut off is 45
  • For ST, SC, PwD, cut off is 40
  • For overseas,  cut off is 50.

Only those candidates who will score above the cut off marks for 2023, will qualify for the exam and get the chance to get into NID. 

Hope this will help you, Myra! 


06 Sep, 2023 13:57 PM

Thank you For your hard work over the years! For this, we give you the opportunity. For more information, see the instructions. skfhjvkjsdjsrbhvbsrfhkis

28 Sep, 2023 23:13 PM

Push it to the limit cool Wolf! You are the best and you can do everything! It'll all work out very very very soon! smkmkplobydlmcrjmzgvx